Entry Procedure and Visa Rules:
Nationals of SAARC countries( Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, and Bhutan ) and China do not need visa while visiting Nepal. Two passport size photos are mandatory for all types of visa.As per immigration rule, Indian nationals do not require visa. However, effective from October 2000, Indians traveling to Nepal by air have to show a valid photo identity like a passport, voter's identity or an identify card issued by the Indian government upon arrival at entry point. Temporary identity card with photographs issued by Nepal-based Indian embassy is considered in case of loss while in Nepal. Children under 10 years need not show any identification.
- Single entry fee : US$ 25 for 15days
- Multiple entry fee : US$ 40 for 30 days.
- Multiple entry fee : US$ 100 for 90 days.
Tourist visa extension facility:
- Visa extension fee for the period of 15 days or less is US$ 30. For the period longer than 15 days is US$ 2 per day.
- Visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a visa year (January to December) at the department on immigration.
This can be obtained from the department of immigration for the period of one year and five years upon the recommendation of the Ministry Of Industry And Commerce by paying US$ 100 and US$ 250, respectively . Payment is entertained in Nepalese rupee.